Community One is a faith-inspired volunteer-based housing restoration nonprofit. Our goal is to match the housing repair needs of homeowners with volunteers and resources from across our community to accomplish projects at no cost to homeowners.
This outreach to our community was born out of a heart to love our neighbors and a desire to improve the condition of housing. We hope that we are able to bless you and serve you in some way as an expression of our faith and our love for you!
Who We Serve
We serve residents who:
- Own and live in their homes.
- Have a genuine need for help (unable to accomplish or pay for the repairs).
- Are willing to receive assistance from community volunteers.
- Are willing to release Community One and all volunteers from liability.
What We Do
Projects that we can typically accomplish include:
- Basic home repair and maintenance projects.
- Basic weatherization of homes.
Projects that we may post but are more difficult to accomplish include:
- Projects requiring licensed professionals.
- Costly projects such as complete roof, window/door or HVAC replacements.
Projects that we do not do include:
- Home remodeling projects or non-essential home improvements.
- Complex projects such as foundation or structural repairs.
How to Post a Project on Our Website
To post a project on our website, call us at 812-250-6888 and leave a message with the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Phone Number
- A Brief Description of the Project
- The Address of Your Home
- The Best Time to Contact You
If we are able to post your need on our website, we will do our best to find assistance for your project. However, because we are volunteer based, we cannot guarantee that projects posted on our website will be accomplished. Our volunteers choose projects they feel they can complete given their time, abilities and resources.